- All of the clocks in Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.
- On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over
the Parliament building is an American flag.
- If she were life size, Barbie's measurements are:
- No word in the English language rhymes with month,
orange, silver or purple.
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends
in the letters "mt".
- All 50 states are listed across the top of the
Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
- Almonds are members of the peach family.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one
- There are only four words in the English language
which end in"-dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- The longest place-name still in use is:
New Zealand hill.
- Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra
Senora la Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula" and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- In most advertisements, including newspapers, the
time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
- Al Capone's business card said he was a used
- The only real person to be a Pez head was Betsy Ross.
- The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were
named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "It's A Wonderful
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
- On an American one-dollar bill, there is an owl in
the upper left-hand corner of the "1" encased in the "shield" and a
spider hidden in the front upper right-hand corner.
- The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
- Who's that playing the piano on the "Mad About
You" theme? Why it's Paul Reiser himself.
- The male gypsy moth can "smell" the virgin
female gypsy moth from 1.8 miles away.
- The name for Oz in the "Wizard of Oz" was
thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N, and
O-Z, hence "Oz."
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked
by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
- John Lennon's first girlfriend was named Thelma
- The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
- There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
- "Stewardesses" is the longest word that is
typed with only the left hand.
Updated November 04, 2003, thanks Trisha from Seaford England
- The male praying mantis can't have sex with its head
attached so the female initiates by ripping the male's head off.
- An average of four people are killed each year by falling vending machines.
- You are more likely to die from a champagne cork than a poisonous spider.
- The average chocolate bar has eight insect legs in it.
- Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
- You breathe in one litre of other people's anal gases each day.
(More if you're my wife!)
- The penalty for masturbation in indonesia is decapitation.
Thanks to Fil from somewhere:
- The 1st bomb dropped by the allied forces in the 2nd world war hit and killed the only elephant in berlin zoo.
- UK fire stations have circle stair cases because when they used horses to tow the trucks it stopped the horse from walking up the stairs.
- Spiders breathe through the "book lung" which is located on the underside of the abdomen.
- The reason that it is said to be unlucky to have the 3rd light off a match is because during the war the snipers saw the 1st strike took aim on the 2nd
person and fired at 3rd.
Thanks to Ian from the UK:
- If a dead body is left in a swimming pool too long it explodes.
Thanks to Clare from England:
- It is impossible to lick your own elbow.
- Over 75 percent of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.
- Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
- Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
- 23 percent of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people trying to photocopy their buttocks.
- 43 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Thanks to Kirsty from somewhere:
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
Thanks to Deborah from somewhere:
- Rubber bands last nearly twice as long when refrigerated.
Thanks to Nate from Illinois, USA:
- The leading cause of wrong numbers is pressing one or more keys on the phone incorrectly.
Thanks to Dom in England:
- You are more likely to be killed by your fridge than win the National lottery in England.
If you have any more pointless or stupid
facts, please e-mail them